Today’s Reading: Psalm 118
Does the fast pace of life ever have you wishing for an extra day – a day to get caught up or to rest or to do something you never have time to do? This is leap year and we have been given an extra day in February. It is that unique year when we have 366 days instead of 365. What will you do with this extra day? What opportunities will you create?
Today is Leap Day and so I look at my schedule and expect to see something special, something out of the ordinary. But my Google calendar tells me it is just another day. The girls have school, Scott has work and I have a long task list to get to. Today is Leap Day but life does not slow down enough to notice that it is February 29th. Aside from the 63 degree weather, there is not a lot to get excited about as I look ahead to the next 24 hours.
But in the words of the psalmist:
This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it…
Give thanks to the Lord for He is good! His faithful love endures forever. – Psalm 118:24,29
So today, February 29th, is a day to enjoy! It only comes once every four years so let’s make the most of it! Let’s look for opportunities OUT OF THE ORDINARY today. Here are some ideas:
- Send a note or text or Facebook message to someone you have not talked to in at least four years. Let them know you are thinking of them.
- Make a $29 donation to a charity, ministry or your favorite nonprofit organization.
- Pull something out of your closet to wear that you have not worn for a long time.
- Look for ways to put a smile on someone’s face. In fact, see how many people you can get to smile before the day is over.
- If you are married, do something special for your spouse to show them how much you love them. Two weeks after Valentine’s Day and the romance is still alive!
Today may be a normal Monday routine, but do not let this be a normal day. Make today out of the ordinary. Today only comes around once every four years. Let’s make it count!